Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Black Sheep and the Hidden Beauty

So I've just finished "The Black Sheep and the Hidden Beauty" by Donna Kauffman. I've probably read about ten of Kauffman's books....and I feel like they all the same little problem. Too much internal monologue that has nothing to do with the plot...or if it does have something to do with the plot then it is just re-hashing everything else that has already been said.

I usually prefer dialogue over description but this is mainly (as mentioned before) internal monologue that doesn't really do anything for me. The character build up is always good and the plot well formulated and researched. It's just the internal monologue that each character has is a little infuriating.

This book is from a series of three called "Trinity Inc" (ha, ha my cars name!) The story follows Mac, Rafe and Fin...three childhood friends who come from different walks of life to join together to help those who cant help themselves. It's a really interesting concept and again, the character development is amazing....but omg internal monologue. The book is 395  pages....take out all the internal monologue and I think it would be down to about 250.

I plan on reading the Fin addition to this series as soon as I find it in the library. That way I can make an informed opinion but as of right now I wouldn't recomend this book to anyone else.

Lots of Love,
Ginger Spudman

Next Book: Tilly Bagshawe "Scandalous"

No comments:

Post a Comment